Yesterday I spent a few hours in the morning working on the blazer. Originally I was going to install the steering first before removing the axle but I quickly realized I couldn't do the steering the way I wanted with the leaf springs in place so out with the axle.
While disassembling the axle for removal I found a few things that I'm glad I caught.
1. The top king pin on the drivers side was loose enough to remove with my fingers but all king pins are in good shape.
2. The passenger little keeper pin that keeps the axle nut from backing out is completely missing and the axle nut was pretty loose.
3. The top bearing cap or whatever it's called on the drivers side lower king pin has a hole in the top. Last picture. Not sure if I can buy that or weld it closed but I'll figure it out tomorrow.
The first few pictures show how badly beat up the spring hangers and springs were. This is the third set of 52" front springs I've destroyed this year so time for the links.