Author Topic: 93 Blazer SAS Project  (Read 77153 times)

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 93 Blazer SAS Project
« Reply #500 on: October 26, 2015, 08:24:32 AM »
Did you get the parts ordered for your t-case?
It started life as a 1987 Samurai and turned into a Psychobilly Cadillac .
Wheel hard or stay home!

BowtieBone

• It used to be a clean 93...then I met this group!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 26, 2015, 10:43:02 PM »
Got the new mode fork installed, lot less slop. Got the case together and completely sealed, ran through the ranges, worked great.
Then......as I was taking the case off the bench I noticed the input shaft pushed inward  :deskbang:
Guess I fotgot the retaining clip which is why it wouldn't stay in low. Needless to say, got the clip in, transfer case it in and works great.

On to the 60.....hit a small snag. The spring pad witdth set with the original says kit it for 31.5" axles. Ford only makes that width in the early 70s snow fighter axle. The axle I have is 36", which puts the axle to far to the passenger side. After reading, googling and finally talking with ORD who makes a kit for the 36" axle, I came to the conclusion that I need to widen the front perch mounts.
What I didn't know was that the original set up has the rear perches at 34" wide which is all the frame allows and the front at 31.5" which explains why the springs always looked a little skewed. In talking with the techs at ORD their setup flips that and put the fron at 36" to accommodate the ford axle.
So for sake of time, I ordered their front perch mounts and new shackles. Never knew that the springs could be offset like that front to rear, but since I wheeled it that way for the last 3 or so years, guess I'll be ok lol.
93 Blazer, 350 tbi, 4L60E trans, NP241C, rear 14 bolt welded, front Ford D60 spooled

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 27, 2015, 05:02:04 AM »
 :whip: :whip: :whip:
Wheel hard or stay home!

BowtieBone

• It used to be a clean 93...then I met this group!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 11, 2015, 11:03:43 PM »
Been  :punchballs: working on this thing to get it ready. The 60 is finally in place, frame is plated, steering is st up, shock hoops are almost done. Looking good and seeing it on wheels over the next few days. I'll post some pics up when I have a chance.
Thanks to Clint for the help on the gears (or should I say doing the work lol) and to Eryc for helping with the tires, my scrawny a** couldn't have done those myself!
93 Blazer, 350 tbi, 4L60E trans, NP241C, rear 14 bolt welded, front Ford D60 spooled

kkattfish

• Administrator
  • blazer babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2015, 06:01:58 AM »
I'll stop by tomorrow or Sunday.  going to the lake Saturday for a little fishing derby.  you're invited but i know you probably have too much going on
just all bad luck at this point.  whatever is the worst that can happen will

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »
 :clap:
Been  :punchballs: working on this thing to get it ready. The 60 is finally in place, frame is plated, steering is st up, shock hoops are almost done. Looking good and seeing it on wheels over the next few days. I'll post some pics up when I have a chance.
Thanks to Clint for the help on the gears (or should I say doing the work lol) and to Eryc for helping with the tires, my scrawny a** couldn't have done those myself!
Wheel hard or stay home!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal