General > Firearms, Hunting & Reloading

Coyote hunting

(1/2) > >>

kkattfish:
Been into getting out and popping some mangy coyotes lately.  went out today with Tony and another buddy and got 1. 
our buddy hit it with a 22-250 about 140 yards out with my icotec caller and his FoxPro decoy.
got out to harquahala about 730ish and did 4 stops before getting this guy at our lost stop about 12 or so.  had a great time getting out. 
this was the only one we saw all day.
had a special visitor at the kill site.  you can see it in the solo pic and in the pic above it. 

Hoss50:
Nice. I have been wanting to do that as well. We tried 1 round last year but really need to get out more and get some spots located for multiple stands.

kkattfish:
went out again this morning.  we were able to call 2 in and ended up only getting one of them.  2 separate spots.
good day and beautiful weather and scenery to be in.  we were north of Tonopah today.  i'll post a pic later when I get it resized

edit:  brother in-law hit it with a 30-06 we think, tony shot at the same time with a .223 but the whole on the exit would appear it was the 06 at that hit.  sorry tony  :lee:

ROCKZILLA:
Almost every night I have coyotes calling in my yard and really close. When I used to have goats and chickens they would come in and I would shoot them with the .22 off the back porch. That was good fun.

kkattfish:
that would be entertaining for me as well.  would the .22 just make them runoff?  can't imagine it putting one down but maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version