Author Topic: Table Mesa 1-1 or 1-4  (Read 7397 times)

chopped7

• View Profile
Re: Table Mesa 1-1 or 1-4
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »
First time post here sorry to hi jack your thread but I was hoping I might be able to tag along with you guys in Table Mesa. I have never been,no idea where the trails are, good camping spots, or have no clue how to get there. I will be coming all the way from Oakland,CA well actually I will stopping at the Hammers for New Years but headed that way NY day. I hope to drink,wheel, shoot, and have a really goodtime. The truck I will be in is a 84 Toyota with a exo,37"sticky's and all the other normal cookie cutter toyota parts. I will be in Phoenix Jan 1st and head up on the 2nd. Would really like to wheel with some locals.

Thanks for your time
Jimbo

PS I heard about this forum on Pirate4x4
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/usa-southwest/1532665-nor-cal-person-wants-wheel-az-nm-possibly-ut-january-2014-a.html

here are the directions to the camp. you should probably get somebody's phone number in case you take a wrong turn or something. the official name of the camp is called little pan staging area but everybody calls it btg camp. you can probably find info on google too.

I-17 north to Table Mesa Rd exit.(past New River about 3-4 miles)
 Take left(west) at top of exit and cross over both directions of I-17
 Take first right(north) on the access road that runs on the west side parallel to the southbound I-17 lanes
 About 1/2 mile up, it turns to dirt and another 1/4 mile is the first airdown spot on your left(parking area)
 Keep straight and you will come to a fenced in area on the left for the gas pipeline pump station(second airdown spot-parking area)
 Keep going and you will come to a "Y" in the road(first major one), stay right at the "Y" and continue on
 About another 1/4 mile, there is a third airdown spot(parking area)
 You will see where the power lines cross OVER the main road, keep going straight
 Just past this powerline crossing is a second "Y"(left here leads to camping area we will be overnighting at-just past cattle guard on right)
 Take left arm of the second "Y" and head northwest
 In about 1/2-3/4 mile you will come to a cattle guard, take the road that goes THROUGH the cattle guard

it's a copy and paste. it makes sense to me but I go there all the time. hope to see you out there. if you're bored you can follow those directions on google earth and find it. google has images of the whole area.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:08:12 AM by chopped7 »
There are better things in life than beer...but beer makes up for not having those things.

Slimer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
Well I found the camping spot, and it even has a toilet... I feel spoiled, seems like this is the place to shoot as well. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Kyron

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »
I will be there Sat morning....

btw  I'm originally from the the bay area,  my grandfather was born in Oakland

**** Im expecting to be there about 9 and ready to roll at 9:30****
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:31:19 AM by Kyron »

elmh

• rolling on nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
I'll be out there probably just in motor home due to 2 week vacation and lack of planning. My buggy needs work before hammers trip in February . Worse case if not enough rigs show up I can always go back to town and borrow one. For now we are planning to ride along should just be me and holly. So we will be looking for empty seats. Planning on camping Friday night thru Sunday. See later tonight
Hoopty with some decent parts that usually end up breaking.

chopped7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 08:06:25 PM »
I'm out. gotta work. motherf'ers. you would think they would have slowed down booking around the holidays. bastards.
There are better things in life than beer...but beer makes up for not having those things.

blazerv10

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 02:37:40 AM »
I'll be out there probably just in motor home due to 2 week vacation and lack of planning. My buggy needs work before hammers trip in February . Worse case if not enough rigs show up I can always go back to town and borrow one. For now we are planning to ride along should just be me and holly. So we will be looking for empty seats. Planning on camping Friday night thru Sunday. See later tonight
who you trying to fool.. the rig shows up needing work lol.... you fix the mufler on the generater?
it was a jeep thing but all that sh** broke.

az native

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 07:00:11 PM »
Had a good time guys very interesting but good. Glad everyone made it back to camp :usa:

BowtieBone

• It used to be a clean 93...then I met this group!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
Had a good time guys very interesting but good. Glad everyone made it back to camp :usa:
Definitely a great time, good to see you out there  :beer:
93 Blazer, 350 tbi, 4L60E trans, NP241C, rear 14 bolt welded, front Ford D60 spooled

BowtieBone

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 06:34:20 PM »
Here's the pictures my wife took on Collateral Damage. Definitely an awesome trail, sure beat my rig up!!

http://www.alloffroadaz.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=54
93 Blazer, 350 tbi, 4L60E trans, NP241C, rear 14 bolt welded, front Ford D60 spooled

Kyron

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »
here's me getting denied ...... :clap:

Slimer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the awesome hospitality. I had a real blast in Table Mesa, the place was awesome. I'm looking forward to making another adventure here in the near future. I will post some pics when I eventually make it home.

PS.... If anyone wants to come wheel my neck of the woods feel free to shoot me a email JHaynes84@hotmail.com

chopped7

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 11:59:01 AM »

PS.... If anyone wants to come wheel my neck of the woods feel free to shoot me a email JHaynes84@hotmail.com

I'm gonna be out at the rubicon 6/27-6/29. at least that's the plan right now.

BowtieBone

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the awesome hospitality. I had a real blast in Table Mesa, the place was awesome. I'm looking forward to making another adventure here in the near future. I will post some pics when I eventually make it home.

It was cool hanging out with you Jimbo  :beer: 

elmh

• rolling on nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
Are you doing rubicon this year Jim thought we were doing sand hollow . Either one I'm game
Hoopty with some decent parts that usually end up breaking.

chopped7

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 12:26:46 AM »
Are you doing rubicon this year Jim thought we were doing sand hollow . Either one I'm game

both elm. I'm taking 2 weeks off. josh scott and Cullen are down to go to st George 6/20-6/24. I wanted to go to rubicon first but carl's girls'  bday is that weekend. I kinda planned it around josh's days off. after Utah, josh has to get back but Cullen will go to Tahoe with me around 6/27 or whenever carl is off work. I still need to confirm everything. after rubicon and maybe Fordyce(depending on if anyone is available to show us around), I'm heading to flagstaff to hit cinders for the 4th of july weekend with whoever wants to go. I wanted to fit the hammers in too but that might be a little aggressive.

it's all kinda preliminary right now but it's starting to come together. once I confirm the dates, i'll hit everybody up and see who can make what. it would be great if I can get a few people to make the whole trip with me but that's a lot of time off work for most people.

BACKROAD

• THE BETTER HALF LUV'S WHEELING
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 02:57:15 AM »
I dearly love Fordyce and Rubicon.   There's  another nice run up there called Wright's Lake.  You can go in and out in one day, but worth the wheel'n.....     :2cents:  :beer:
FOUR WHEELING IS AN ART / CARNAGE NEED NOT BE AN OPTION....                                 
I am absolutely, positively & sincerely a strict CONSTITUTIONALIST....
'51 DJ3A.  "REAL FLATFENDER"       The framerails are almost original....

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal