Author Topic: Ballistic Fabrication  (Read 1354 times)

tigmig67

• The Caustic Nut!!
    • View Profile
Ballistic Fabrication
« on: September 13, 2013, 05:27:54 PM »
So I decided to start a new mod to my truggy. Ordered a few parts from Ballistic Fabrication. The QC(quality control) of the products was overall acceptable. Trial fitted parts to ensure fitment. First out if the box and had this....missed the bolt hole either on the cut or the bend. The keyed weld on brackets ears were way off, because of the bad bend or layout.
 (years back) I purchased in 2004 high steer arms for my 1970 Chevy w/Dana60. They did not fit, what was sent was arms to a 1973-86 set. Was in Tucson to do some shopping and decided to take arms in for exchange or money back. When I walked in, no one asked if "Can I help you ?", 2 gentlemen just looked up at me and then they looked back down and went back to what they were doing. I asked the gentleman closest to me if I could discuss the issue with the arms, he asked me to wait. Moments later he asked "What do you need?", now I'm getting pissed and these little snot nosed shits. I showed him the arms and he looked the order up on the computer and told me they were the correct arms. I explained in detail the fitment difference between the pre '73 stuff and the post '73 in relation to the center to center relationship. He then looked at his computer again, and stated rather sarcastically that they were the right arms. Now I want give this punk a Dana 60 High Steer Arm kit enema. The gent next to him jumps in and finishes the order and refunds my money and was courteous. Mostly after seeing my disgust from talking to Mr. SpongeBob SmearPants. Okay, back to present. Decided they were under new management now, they had to have had the bugs worked out by now. Although I must say that all other items that did show up with no tracking and 2 weeks later were well cut and fitment is at a premium.  I have done almost all my business with these type of items with RuffStuff and never had a single issue. And he deals in volume as well.
On a scale of 1 - 10 for this order:

Ballistic Fabrication - 7
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:52:03 PM by tigmig67 »

Rare does not always mean desirable..."It's rare that I crap my pants, but it's usually not desirable"

Copper Miner

• Keep Calm and Kill Zombies!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ballistic Fabrication
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
I've gotten quite a few items from Ballistic in the last 6 months and have had no issue with quality or delivery times.
WHATEVER

tigmig67

• The Caustic Nut!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ballistic Fabrication
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 05:45:57 PM »
  Agreed Copper Miner, reliability and quality is always an issue even when we work on our own vehicles. Just as Ballistic Fabrication fabricates items for the public. Re-work is usually not acceptable even for Heavy Duty Mobile Mechanics, as a human life is involved in the job that we do. Same would go for providing service to the outside world. While this may be an isolated event,  focusing on inspecting our products as we receive them is key. Just as we check our work/play vehicles, before they leave out the door after repairs or going out to off road.
  The lack of paying attention to the product as it is fabricated and informing our fellow off-roaders the potential issues with vendors was the idea implied. The rest of the order was impeccable, these 2 items may have been fabbed up on a Monday(hung over) or a Friday(mind on other things)lol.   :dance:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:20:47 PM by tigmig67 »
Rare does not always mean desirable..."It's rare that I crap my pants, but it's usually not desirable"

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal