Author Topic: firehole florence az  (Read 9036 times)

toylet

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
firehole florence az
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:50:48 AM »
Well the firehole is gone was bulldozed W.T.F

"if you dont want dents don"t follow !!!!!   88 toyota ,dana 60 14bolt 538s spooled , ,42s on 16inch bead locks, 4.3l v6 fuel injected,tur400 trans 203 doubler twin 205 tcase ,home brewed sas, psc full hydr steering,ect. (coming soon dana 60 rear steer)

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: firehole florence az
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 04:44:06 AM »
Well the firehole is gone was bulldozed W.T.F
When did you hear this? From who?
It started life as a 1987 Samurai and turned into a Psychobilly Cadillac .
Wheel hard or stay home!
Outlaw sh**

toylet

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:50:49 AM »
Its on my casagrande 4wheelers facebook a repost from vjc theres some picture of it dozed for mining reserch
"if you dont want dents don"t follow !!!!!   88 toyota ,dana 60 14bolt 538s spooled , ,42s on 16inch bead locks, 4.3l v6 fuel injected,tur400 trans 203 doubler twin 205 tcase ,home brewed sas, psc full hydr steering,ect. (coming soon dana 60 rear steer)

Hoss50

• View Profile

Hoss50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 06:40:41 AM »
Miner's bulldozed/flattened most of Upper Woodpecker to access there claims, & BLM doesn't give a f*** pretty much. We can't run trails because we might kill tortoises & native plants but bulldozers are no big deal.

Hoss50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:42:33 AM »
This is there response letter to the guys emailing in.

This morning I received several email messages inquiring about dozer work along the Woodpecker Wash (Upper Woodpecker Trail/OHV Site); some messages had a link to photos, but the link did not work; thank you all for checking up on whatís going on.

BLM Tucson Field Office Geologist Daniel Moore has been out of the office this past month on fire duty; he will return this week on Thursday, and may have additional details on the situation. Here is a brief on the work presently underway along Mineral Mtn. Rd. and Woodpecker Wash (Upper Woodpecker Trail/OHV Site)

BLM processed a mining notice from Three Metals Mining, who has mining claims on BLM lands along Mineral Mtn Rd. and up Woodpecker Wash. Three Metalsí notice was processed in accordance with the 1872 mining law, and the company is authorized to conduct mineral exploration and testing work on several mining claims. The exploration/testing work requires construction of approx. 0.5 miles of access road from the Mineral Mtn. Rd near the Reymert turnoff, and approx. 0.2 miles of road construction a mile or so up Woodpecker Wash (see attached map). The exploration work is authorized under the 1872 mining laws, and it is presently underway. The mining claim holder was authorized to drive up the bottom of Woodpecker Wash, going around severe obstacles by taking the old bypass road grades, and/or capping with streambed material (gravels, stones, cobbles) the sections that would be impassable for the mineral exploration work. The attached map shows the locations where the mining company is authorized to build access road from Mineral Mtn Rd., and Woodpecker Wash up to the mining claims. The work is being done under a reclamation bond, and reclamation of the associated impacts is required to pre-existing conditions as much as possible. A site visit is planned this week to check on Three Metalsí Mining work.

After the mining company completes the exploration/testing work and before reclamation, the BLM will work with the company to make sure the restoration work is acceptable. It would be good to have input from you, the recreational users of this section, on this restoration work. Under the BLM Travel Management Plan completed a couple of years ago, a trail plan for this OHV site (Upper Woodpecker Trail) needs to be prepared. This restoration work might be a good time to prepare the site plan.

Thanks for your interest, and I will let you know what I find, and keep you informed of this project.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Hoss50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »
The sad part is that this trail wasn't hard enough to need that much dozer work to gain access to the area unless you are trying to do it in your Pontiac Sunfire. I have been through the trail with a stock K5 on 31's with open diffs.

Here is the BLM managers email if you want to send him a note.

francisco_mendoza@blm.gov

Here is his phone number.

(520) 258-7226

Rebeltoy83

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »
ive been through when my yota was stock and bald tires in the rain i agree they shouldnt need that much dozer work i still thinks its bulls**t  :angryflip:
When in doubt throttle out

Cuda K5

• Cocked-N-Locked Fab
    • View Profile
    • Cocked-N-Locked Fab
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »
it will be great when someone finds a gold flake on H2H and they bulldoze half of that too
Cocked-N-Locked Fabrication and Racing

www.cockednlockedfab.com

Facebook @cockednlocked
Instagram @cocked_n_locked_racing
Youtube @ Cocked-N-Locked Racing

Rebeltoy83

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
yeah wonder how long itll take

toylet

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »
it will be great when someone finds a gold flake on H2H and they bulldoze half of that too
lmao no kidding that funny there going to run out of trails and go for table mesa next lol

Cuda K5

• Cocked-N-Locked Fab
    • View Profile
    • Cocked-N-Locked Fab
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »
luckily there are plenty of other places to wheel
Cocked-N-Locked Fabrication and Racing

www.cockednlockedfab.com

Facebook @cockednlocked
Instagram @cocked_n_locked_racing
Youtube @ Cocked-N-Locked Racing

Hoss50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »
lmao no kidding that funny there going to run out of trails and go for table mesa next lol

They are already doing it at TM as well. 2 trails have been completely closed because of mining.

toylet

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
 :violent:

kkattfish

• Administrator
  • blazer babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »
is this really a surprise to anybody?  we all know eventually they will close everything. 
just like they did with all the spots i used to ride my dirt bike. there's nothing you can do about it, even if you call or email that guy.  it may delay it for a short time but eventually they will win and we all will lose the land. 
it sucks but its destined to happen
just all bad luck at this point.  whatever is the worst that can happen will

elmh

• rolling on nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
the good thing is plenty of desert and trails to discover, any good wash is a trail, at least we dont have to drive 4 hour to a park to wheel like in the eastern states. with the mining law, you can run up any wash to get your claim.
Hoopty with some decent parts that usually end up breaking.

xjpapaboner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 08:06:45 PM »
the good thing is plenty of desert and trails to discover, any good wash is a trail, at least we dont have to drive 4 hour to a park to wheel like in the eastern states. with the mining law, you can run up any wash to get your claim.
Any good wash is NOT trail. There are still a lot of trails to run in Arizona if we just keep making new ones we will lose them all.
2001 Jeep Cherokee with NOTHING COOL!!!!

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 08:25:47 PM »
I agree Tom! A lot of the anger from BLM and the state is all the new trails being cut. That includes washes! I went out to check out the damage today and couldn't believe the damage! They bull dozed a 12-14 foot path over half way through Upper WP. Plowing over rocks, holes, trees, cactus and anything in their path! All along the trail they were chasing quarts veins. Even tearing up the pictographs! I don't know what can be done but I'll be damned if I'm just going to sit and not say something. :angryrant:
Here are some pic's I took with my cell phone.
Wheel hard or stay home!
Outlaw sh**

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 08:28:11 PM »
more pictures
Wheel hard or stay home!
Outlaw sh**

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »
I can't see this trail ever beeing restored or fixed! :mad: There are big chunks of the pictographs missing!
Wheel hard or stay home!
Outlaw sh**

kkattfish

• Administrator
  • blazer babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »
actually i have to agree with elmer.  given our mining state its the same mining laws that destroyed this trail that are going to get new ones on the map. 
people are already cutting new trails like wildfire (from what i read)in bumble bee so i just see that spreading more and more.  i don't think it will cause any more damage to current trails than what is already going on. 
chuck nothing we say is going to prevent blm or state from closing these trails.  when they closed part of glamis for the milk weed tyhere were hundreds of thousands of atv'ers trying to not let this happen but it did.  there aren't nearly as many 4x4 folks and even if there were, there is nothing we can do about it. 
i don't like it, but its just the way it is.  its a losing battle and it sucks.  soon we will be wheeling parks just like back east because that's all there is. 

Rebeltoy83

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
im with chuck ill be damn if i sit round and do and say nothing at all i know its inevitable but its bs :violent:

desertjunky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:02 AM »
there is a thead about this on pirate and they need your pics to give to BLM to show the damage the pictographs are enough to get this kind of disregard for the historical value of what is in these washes all we can do is keep this kind of thing in the blms face

kkattfish

• Administrator
  • blazer babies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
here is the thread, thanks for the tip dj

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778332

ROCKZILLA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 04:12:22 PM »
The owner of Three Metal Mining Company LLC (TMM Arizona mining) Is Thomas K Baker.
His other job is his family business Baker's Travertine Power Clean Inc
Owners Amy and Tom Baker, same address as the mining company.

Thomas Baker
2724 West Warner Road
Chandler, Ax 85224
Office Phone (480) 491-7639
Cell Phone (480) 720-5338
Wheel hard or stay home!
Outlaw sh**

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal